Hermosa Beach Breach Of Fiduciary Duty Lawyer

Fiduciary duty requires that both spouses make a complete disclosure of all marital assets during the divorce process. Marital assets cannot be transferred or disposed of during the divorce. When one spouse fails to disclose marital assets, or transfers or spends assets, he or she can be sued for breach of fiduciary duty.

When you choose the Law Offices of Thomas M. Polinger, you will work with a family law attorney who has more than 30 years of experience. We are skilled at tracking down all assets that need to be taken into consideration for a fair division of property. We have handled many high-asset cases in which attempts have been made to hide assets in businesses, in offshore accounts, by transferring them to family members or friends or through other means. You can be confident in our ability to detect hidden assets and, if necessary, bring a breach of fiduciary duty action as part of the divorce.

Suing For Breach Of Fiduciary Duty After Divorce

The right to sue for breach of fiduciary duty does not disappear when the divorce is finalized. Following a divorce, an individual may learn that their former spouse hid a bank account, a piece of out-of-state or international real estate, or some other property. In these cases, our Hermosa Beach breach of fiduciary duty lawyer will take action to see that the formerly hidden assets are distributed according to law.

How Much Are You Entitled To?

In a breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit related to property division, you are entitled to a fair percentage of the assets that were hidden. Additionally, it is important to determine whether the assets were simply overlooked somehow or they were maliciously hidden by the other party. If the assets were intentionally hidden, you may also be entitled to damages as well.

Failure To Disclose Assets In Manhattan Beach

For a consultation, call our California law office at 310-697-8868 or contact us online. We accept credit cards and can arrange evening or Saturday appointments upon request.